How to fix "username is not in the sudoers file" in debian

Hello fellow coders Recently I installed Debian-9 in my old laptop and tried to execute sudo command and I got above error saying that action will be reported. So today in this short post, I am going to tell you how to fix this problem.
First, open your terminal and put su -
Enter your password and then just type visudo
This will openup a file with nano editor and it has few values, do not change any of them, just go to the line
root ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
and below it add a new line
myuser ALL=(ALL) ALL
save the file and then try to execute commands with sudo..
I hope this short post will save you a lots of times, in next blog I will bring you what are the meanings of these lines. Also a good Golang tutorial comming soon.
Good Luck

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Youtube-dl cheatsheet

Git mistakes - 1

Docker Development - Mistakes 1