The Biggest MySQL mistake I made

Welcome file

The Biggest MySQL mistake I made

Ok, as usual I have broken my promise to keep writing post. Anyways, there is a good news too. I have been studying Golang for months now and developing some my own projects.
But today I am going to share completly different thing I met recently.
I was working with a MySQL table and wanted to delete a record from it. So I wrote delete from my_table.. before I put where clause accidentally I hit enter.
So my terminal was like
mysql> delete from my_table
    -> 
what I did was, just put ; and press enter.
mysql> delete from my_table
    -> ;
Query OK, 56 rows affected (0.09 sec)
Boom, I have deleted all the records from my table. I had spent another hour plus to manually insert all the records back to table. Luckily I have printed all the records in that table.
SO the lession I learn that day was, never use ; in unknown MySQL queries. If you make a mistake and came -> line, just hit CTRL+c, it will terminate the current query and bring a new line.
I hope you wont make the mistake I made.
Happy Coding!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Youtube-dl cheatsheet

Git mistakes - 1

Docker Development - Mistakes 1